Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Week Away!

One more week!  I can't believe that I'm leaving the States in a week!  I think that it is just really starting to hit me ... Why now?  Well, I just woke from a dream about it!  I dreamt that I was unpacking in my gorgeous and huge apartment and I had a bathroom with 3 toilets (okay, 2 toilets, 1 bidet).
I dreamt the flight and the unpacking and the whisking away to our "welcome dinner" ... which consisted of an appetizer of pudding that no one wanted to eat (but luckily I had a SnakPak in my purse and was eating yummy chocolate pudding under the table!).

So, since the move date is officially in one week, everyone has been asking me, "So... are you excited!?"  Yeah, I'm excited.  I've wanted to do this for more than a year (since I found out about the job)!  But only now is it beginning to dawn on me that in order to go I must also leave.  Crazy concept, right?  I should have immediately made that connection!  But now that my departure date is so imminent, the "leaving" part is really starting to hit me.  

Not only am I leaving my home country and everything that's familiar about it, but I'm leaving my family (nothing new, right!?  I'm always doing that!), my friends (new and old), and my wonderful, wonderful children!!!  
I can only hope, however, that these next 2 years will be so filled with excitement and wonder, that it will pass by so quickly that no one will even realize that I've been gone : )

No comments:

Post a Comment